1. WHAT TIME DID YOU GET UP THIS MORNING?
Far too early.
2. DIAMONDS OR PEARLS?
Diamonds. But subtle. No bling please.
3. WHAT WAS THE LAST FILM YOU SAW AT THE CINEMA?
Pride and Prejudice.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?
Don't really have one. But I think Mayo is showing some promise
5. WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST?
Orange juice. Several cups of tea (loose-leaf Assam, though I confess to sullying it with sugar). Toast (oatmeal bread).
6. WHAT IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME(S)?
7. FAVORITE CUISINE?
Ooh. Tricky one that. Depends on mood. Indian sub-continent. Chinese. Thai. Spanish. Italian. Anything southern Med. Tex-Mex. Cajun. Fish. Seafood. Game.
It doesn't have to be complicated. In fact simple is often good. Just let it be cooked well and with care. I like food.
8. WHAT FOODS DO YOU DISLIKE?
Raw celery. Strong blue cheeses. Not over-keen on sushi.
Loath nouvelle cuisine with a vengeance. Food is there to be eaten, not farted around with. Give me simple peasant cooking any day.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CRISP FLAVOUR?
Cheese and onion. Though I'd rather have plain hula-hoops.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CD AT THE MOMENT?
Buena Vista Social Club presents Omara Portuondo.
11. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE?
Vauxhall Carlton. But I'm not into cars (either as penis extensions or generally).
12. FAVORITE SANDWICH?
So many tricky questions... Ploughmans, BLT, steak... depends on the moment or the mood.
13. WHAT CHARACTERISTICS DO YOU DESPISE?
Bunny boilers. Game players. Posers. Egotists.
14. FAVORITE ITEM OF CLOTHING?
Anything I feel comfortable in.
A good pair of boots.
15. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD ON VACATION, WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
How long a list am I allowed?
If I limit myself to three then, in no particular order:
The Rockies, Antarctica, Australia.
16. FAVOURITE BRAND OF CLOTHING?
17. TO WHERE WOULD YOU RETIRE?
Andalucia (Alpujarras, Sierra Cazorla, Granada), Barcelona, Galicia. Mallorca maybe.
Anywhere providing it wasn't the Costa del Lager Lout.
Or anywhere laid back in southern Europe with someone who wanted to be there with me.
18. WHAT WAS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY?
18th. My godmother handed me what was, at the time, a sizeable cheque and insisted I spent the money on something I wanted. I bought my first "real" camera (a Pentax Spotmatic F).
19. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH?
Again, it depends on mood.
But if I had to pick one it would have to be American (gridiron) football. Once you undestand the game you'll realise it's a lot more subtle than lots of padded hulks crashing into each other.
Or maybe a really good climber on one of the big mountain stages of the Tour de France.
20. FURTHEST PLACE YOU ARE SENDING THIS?
Nowhere. I don't do the chain-mail thing. I wrote this just for me. So the next two questions don't apply.
If you want to know why I don't do the "meme" thing then have a look at this:
Did I say I don't do timewasters
21. WHO DO YOU LEAST EXPECT TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
22. PERSON YOU EXPECT TO SEND IT BACK FIRST?
23. WHAT GOAL(S) DO YOU HAVE FOR YOURSELF?
To be what I want to be. Whatever that is. I need to work it out first though.
24. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?
A few days ago.
25. ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT PERSON?
Nights. Mornings aren't quite a hard limit but...
26.WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE?
Used to be 8. Middle-aged spread means its getting nearer 9. But still quite small by "manly" sizes.
Fish (shubunkins mainly) in the pond in the back garden. But I'm not sure they count as pets.
Generally animal-friendly. But much more a dog person than a cat lover.
Would love to have a lifestyle that let me have a dog and devote time to it (dogs, like subs, nead attention and cherishing). Not one of those whiney snappy rugrats though. A long-haired retriever or a German short-haired pointer? A working walking dog...
28. WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE?
I never knew.
29. WHAT ARE YOU NOW?
Professionally: a geek.
Personally: still growing and learning.
30. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY
I have a sweet tooth. Why do these questions always seem to want you to have to pick just one thing.
Fudge just edges out chocolate.
31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FLOWER?
Crocuses. For the first sign of spring. And for saffron.
32. WHAT IS A DATE ON THE CALENDAR YOU ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO?
My next holiday. Date and place still to be decided.
33.WHERE IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE EVER BEEN FROM HOME?
Mentally: One fateful night. On the last train back to London. She will never know how much she threw away. It took me a long time to learn it was her loss, not mine.
34. WHERE ARE YOU RIGHT NOW?
Reasonably content with my life.
So by the standards of much of the world I don't have too many grounds for complaint...